To develop students multi faceted design capabilities related to the area of Textile & Clothing. To develop analysis, communication, presentation skills on fashion, Fashion trends, Merchandising & Fashion growth. This course encourages students to develop skills in product development by using design elements, from procurement of fabric to its creative conversion into products which includes Men's, Women's, Children's, accessories & house hold articles.
Self driven enterprises, garment manufacturing, fashion houses, boutiques, costume designing.
Immense scope for individual assertion and creation leading to fulfilling & richly rewarding careers in the areas viz., Merchandising, Production, Production Control, Quality Control, Visual merchandising, Retail merchandising, etc.
Higher Studies :
- Lateral entry to second year B.Sc (FAD – Fashion & Apparel Design)
- Lateral admission to 3rd Semester of UG program of NIFT
- Lateral admission to 3rd Semester to BE (TEXTILES) through CET
|STAFF LIST ALONG WITH QUALIFICATION|
|1||VEENA||HOD||M Sc in Apparel Technology & Management|
|2||SAPNA RAVINDRAN||LECTURER||M Sc in Textile & Clothing|
|3||SHOBA B C||LECTURER||M Sc in Fashion Apparel Design|
|4||PRIYANKA S||LECTURER||B Sc in Fashion & Apparel Design|
|5||PRUDENTIA MATHEW||LECTURER||M Sc in Textile & Clothing|
|6||PUSHPALATHA K||LECTURER||B Sc in Fashion & Apparel Design|
|7||KEERTHI||LECTURER||BE FASHION DESIGN|
Activities Conducted for Academic Year 2022-2023 of ADFT Department
2) 5th semester students had been to “Weaver’s Service Center’’ for in plant training from 08/03/2022 to 11/03/ 2022
3) 3rd semester students had been to “Weaver’s Service Center’’ for internship training from 04/04/2022 to 30/04/ 2022
4) 5th semester students had been to ‘TEXPORT INDUSTRY’’ for in plant training from 18/04/2022 to 25/04/ 2022.
5) All semester of 4th, 2nd, & 6th semester students attended “International Fashion Symposium and Miraki 2022”Fashion show
was organized by Ramaiah University of Applied Science on 29th April 2022 at “ Dwaraka Conventional Hall”.
6) Seminar on “How to be a responsible students” was held on 14/06 2022 by RAMAIAH DEGREE COLLEGE
staffs for all Semester students..
7) 4thAugust 2022 ADFT Department had an in-house student project exhibition
8) 10th October 2022 all semester students were been to GTE (GARMENT TECHNOLOGY EXPO) 2022 Bangalore at palace grounds.
9) All SEM students and staff has participated an one day workshop on”Usha Sewing Embroidery Machine
“on 17th NOV 2022 byUsha brand members.
10) Industrial visit on 15th December 2022 all semester students were been to Central Silk Board , Bangalore.