Admissions

Eiligibilty

  • The Candidate must be a citizen of India.
  • For Technical(Engineering) Courses:should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
  • For Non-technical (Non-Engineering)Courses: a) Commercial Practice and Apparel Design & Fabrication Technology / Modern office Management Should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or Equivalent Examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate. b) Library Science and Information Management Should have passed Karnataka P.U.C-II or Equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
  • For both Engineering & Non-Engineering, the candidate should have completed atleast five full academic years of study in Karnataka between 1st Standard and qualifying examination.
  • Candidates who have passed the 10th Standard Exam conducted by CBSE/ICSE and other states 10th Standard candidates shall produce Eligibility Certificates obtained from the Secretary, Board of Technical Examinations, Palace Road, Bangalore – 560 001 at the time of document verification & online application submission process.

Lateral entry admission to 3rd semester diploma

  • Candidates who have passed SSLC or Equivalent Examination with 35% of marks in aggregate and should have passed ITI (2 Years Course) /PUC II completed could apply for admission to 3 rd semester(2nd year) diploma Course. They are required to study additional bridge Subjects during 3rd and 4th Semester.

Fees

  • Fee structure for the diploma courses
Fee structure
Slno Polytechnic Tution Fee Development Fee Other Fee Total
1 Private Polytechnic Karnataka students 12,075/- 500/- 830/- 13,405/-
2 Non-karnataka 19,425/- 500 830/- 20,755/-

Admission Rules

  • Admissions are open to Boys & Girls for all Branches.
  • Advertisement for Admission will be notified in premier dailies.
  • Applications for Admission along with Prospectus are to be purchased from the office by paying the prescribed fees of Rs.600.00 in person and Rs.700.00 by post during the working hours.
  • Duly filled in application forms are to be submitted on or before the notified dates.
  • Candidates seeking admission have to attend counseling for selection. Incase student identified for lack of English Communication, such student has to enroll for English speaking course of duration of 2-3 months by paying prescribed fees. English speaking classes commence 1-2 weeks earlier to scheduled commencement of the 1st Sem classes.

Certificates to be Produced at the Time of Admission

  • SSLC / 10th Standard Marks Card
  • Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
  • Five Years Study Certificate from the school last studied.
    (Countersigned by concerned Block Education Officer, for Karnataka Students Only).
  • Eligibility Certificate Non-Karnataka 10th Standard/CBSE/ICSE
    Candidates (to be obtained from the Director of Technical Education, by paying the prescribed fee in the Polytechnic).
  • Migration Certificate.
  • Latest stamp size photos-06 Nos.)
  • Medical Certificate in the Prescribed Format
  • In Addition to the Originals, 02 Sets of photocopies of Certificates are to be Submitted.

The documents are retained in the strong room at the polytechnic till the approval is obtained from the Department of Technical Education (DTE).

Reservation Policy

  • 80% of Intake Seats in all the Courses/ Programs are reserved for Karnataka Students, remaining 20% to Non-Karnataka Students.
  • 20% of 80% of Intake Seats are reserved for ST Students.
  • 05% of 80% of Intake Seats are reserved for SC.
  • SC/ST reservation is applicable to Karnataka Candidates only
  • Sl. b&c is applicable provided the annual gross income of parents is not more than 08 Lakhs.